At Purple Childcare we feel it is important to celebrate traditions from around the world
- Chinese New Year
- Valentine’s Day
- Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day
To learn about Chinese New Year the children took part in a Dragon Dance, ate noodles and wrote their very own good luck letter which they put into their lucky red envelope.
“Red is a lucky colour”
Valentine’s Day was special for us. We spoke about people who are special to us and made them a card.
Shrove Tuesday WE MADE PANCAKES! We helped to mix the batter but Gemma did the cooking for us. We ate them with lemon and syrup. CELEBRATING DIVERSITY
We value the role that festivals and celebrations play in supporting their development of children and their learning.
In a world that is diverse and vibrant we help the children to understand other cultures and beliefs and give them awareness and respect for others.
- Enjoys joining in with family customs and routines.
- Shows an interest in different occupations and ways of life.
- Showing curiosity about objects, events and people.
- Showing high levels of energy, fascination.
- Sensory and exploration with real items